Sunday, August 16, 2009

On Unhumor

So the other day, I was watching the Joan Rivers roast on Comedy Central. So about half an hour in, two things are going through my mind: Is it weird that I think Joan Rivers is actually pretty hot? (the answer to which should be no), and Boy, Tom Arnold fucking sucks at telling jokes.

I'm serious. Muthafucka can't insult somebody to save his life. He slips on his pronunciation and then makes a big deal about it, requests retakes of horribly-failed attempted burns on Greg Giraldo, genuinely apologizes for potential hurt feelings on his least-offensive and least-funny jokes, and all-around does a terrific impression of a not-terribly-interesting trainwreck. Add that to the fact that every single joke told revolves around plastic surgery and calling people Jews, and you have...um, a pretty ordinary Comedy Central roast.

Now, my post was originally going to end there, but then I checked out xkcd and discovered that Randal Munroe has pretty much thrown in the towel and decided humor is just not his game. Good to see he's at least trying to give Xkcd Sucks some decent material to work with.

No comments:

Post a Comment