Thursday, July 23, 2009

Minor Update Part One

1) A just listened to the new Podcast 17 podcast, with the Ross Scott interview. Very interesting and insightful and all that, but the dude sounds like he died of a Valium overdose about two hours before the interview. Regardless, he's a great guy and a great machinima creator and I love him.


2) I just played Left 4 Dead for the first time in about three months to check out the new campaign installation system. Far easier than I had expected (although double-clicking the .vpk files to install doesn't seem to work for me, simply dropping them in the addons folder does). My first new campasign that I've tried is Death Aboard. While the texture quality is a little bland at times and occasionally the number of divergent paths seems a little labrynthine (or however you spell it), all in all it's a massively awesome campaign, practically professional quality. Do yourself a favor and check it out (if you own L4D, that is).

3) I just went through my collection of crap earlier and realized just how lame my childhood was, toy-wise. I owned a total of three Transformers (all of them part of the various spinoff series, no G1s or anything), two legit G.I. Joe guys (Cobra Commander and, like, Snake Eyes, or whoever), and four G.I. Joe ripoffs (functionally identical in size and construction, but just not the same), along with a ton of Hot Wheels and Matchbox cars, mostly from Happy Meals. Video game-wise, I had a hand-me-down Genesis I enjoyed or about a year before it broke (mind you, all my friends had PlayStations and whatnot) as my first console, and about a year or so after that, a used Nintendo 64 (mind you, this is when all my friends has PS2s and Xboxes). This does not take into account all the mooching I did off my friends for their games and toys.

4) Damn, I make really good ramen.

No comments:

Post a Comment